Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break!

We had a great, and much needed Spring Break. Brady's been busy with school and the boys and I were just ready to go somewhere. We went up to Seattle to stay with Brady's Grandma. We decided to go through Portland so we could see my brother and his wife, who we hadn't seen for a while. And they had never met Emmett... (my brother's name is Emmett's middle name, Gregry).. We had so much fun!!

We went swimming at an indoor rec. center and Kaden ran to the slide first thing and wanted to go down.. by himself. So Brady was waiting at the bottom for him. Well, the slide went alot faster than we thought it would and the poor kid started on his bum and ended up going face first into the water. Good thing Dad was there to catch him! He was so freaked out, so the next few times Greg and Daddy took him down. He had alot more fun doing that.

We had soo much fun seeing my brother and Sarah!! So glad we went through Portland (which is such a beautiful drive) and got to spend a little time with them! We love you guys!!

The water was too cold for Emmett, so we sat and watched most of the time.. We made it to Washington and went to Point Defiance Zoo. It is a great zoo and Kaden's favorite part of the whole trip.


Kaden got a turtle, which he seems to be obsessed with turtles lately, and wouldn't put it down.. so that's "baby turtle" blocking his cute face.
The next day we went into Seattle and went to the Aquarium.



Emmett was such a trooper the whole trip. I was so worried about how he would do driving and sleeping and everything.. but he did awesome. This is how he looked most the time in his stroller.


The Seattle harbor. Beautiful! We got so lucky with the weather. It was upper 60's and sunny while we were in Seattle, and the other days were not too bad either.

I can't help but put up so many pics. of this cute boy! I just can't get enough of his cute smile!
We went to the Pacific Science Center, and they were having a Star Wars Exhibit. Well, Kaden has come to like Star Wars and my dad has a lot of little figurines he likes to play with. We thought this would be fun for him, but it was just okay..
The rest of the science center was super fun. There were so many things to look at, Kaden just went from one thing to the next.
He's not into posing for the camera... :)
We walked around by the space needle and played in a fountain...
(Not a great pic. of me, but I took this not knowing the space needle would be in the background.. kinda cool.)

I know I've mentioned before how much Kaden loves Grandma Forrest, but he really does. He talks about her all the time and loved being at her house. He was always wanting to know where she was.. We took a walk to a beautiful park by her house. Once again the weather was so good. Made us all excited for Spring!


Emmett is now 8 months old! He will wave at you and clap so cute. He isn't crawling yet, but sure wants to!



This was his first time feeling grass.. he didn't seem to mind it. He kept trying to get some.

Thanks Grandma for letting us stay with you!!

We had so much fun and cant wait to do it again..


In other news, we signed Kaden up for spring soccer! I can't wait to see how he does. If he's anything like me and Brady, he wont be too competitive, but I hope he enjoys it. It will be fun to watch. Also, we're heading back up to BYU-I this summer. Brady is anxious to get done with school, and it's so much cheaper than here. We are excited!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are definitely missing you guys. I am glad you had fun on your trip. Emmett is getting bigger everytime we see him and he looks SO much like Brady in these pictures.

Kim said...

OK...so when did Emmett grow up? seriously, i just saw him like a month ago and he was NOT that big!! I love him, what a brillant smile:) I love the first pic of greg and Kaden going down the slide, and then the one of you and Emmett with the space needle in the background! Looks like you had a wonderful trip. You're family is adorable and WE MISS YOU!!!

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

I'm so jealous of your 60 degree weather. We got rained on the whole time we were in Seattle. It looks like you had a blast!

Stacey said...

Love all the pictures! I'm super duper jealous, looks like an awesome trip. Tayden kept looking at all the pictures of kaden, I think he misses him! Hopefully with a little luck we'll see you Friday!

Amanda said...

Sooo glad I finally figured out where the pictures were!!! I love them all. Emmett is such a cute poser...love his smile:)
Glad you guys are back so we could get together. I think the playdates are more for me than Hanna!