Thursday, July 15, 2010

He's Here!


Emmett Gregry Rasmussen finally arrived!! He was born Wednesday, July 14, at 3:06 a.m. Here's what happened...


I was scheduled to be induced Wednesday night, but luckily, Tuesday night around 7 p.m. I started having very mild contractions. Well, they just got worse and worse! Finally about 12:30 a.m., we made it to the hospital. I was at a 5 and 80% ephased. I was totally freaking out that I wouldn't be able to get an epidural, because I was progressing so fast. Luckily, I got the epidural and about the time it finally kicked in, they checked me and I was at a 10! We were there for about 2 1/2 hours and he was here. I pushed for about 20 minutes, I think. Okay, so ready for his stats?!


9 lbs. 14 oz.

21 1/4 in. long

14 1/2 head circum.


What?? I seriously had an almost 10 lb. baby! I was in complete shock when they told me how much he weighed. Seriously, I had no idea he was going to weigh that much. And during labor, it didn't feel any different than it did when I had Kaden, who was 7 lb. 9 oz. Anyway, he has blondish/brown hair and lots of it. He looks like his brother, just a bit chunkier! Aww he is just so precious and such a sweet, quiet baby. Brady and I can't believe we have 2 kids! It's a little surreal right now. But, we feel so blessed. Especially that Emmett is healthy and strong.


Kaden has been great and just loves his baby brother. Of course we have our mothers to thank for watching him and keeping him entertained the past couple days! Thanks moms! We couldn't do it without you. And Kaden loves every second he gets to spend with his Grandparents and Uncles! I have tried to upload some pictures, but that might have to wait for another day!!


But, he is here and we're so grateful for our two boys!!

9 comments:

Dennis & Hollie said...

He is beautiful!! Wait, he is so handsome!!! Congrats Rasmussens!!!!

Norman Family said...

He is so cute! Congrats!

Steph said...

He is so sweet! Even though he was almost 10lbs he is a cute, cuddly baby boy. So glad we could see him. Good job Linds! You looked great!

Elder and Sister Walker said...

We are so glad Emmett is here. He is a wonderful addition to our growing family. I just say "The more the merrier"!! Linds, we are so proud of you. You are such a good momma and Brady is an awesome daddy. Your two boys are sweet and handsome. We love you all!

The Gray Gang said...

Holy smokes! I am shocked you had that big of a baby. You're so little. Emmett is super cute and I love his name. I hope you have a fast recovery. Enjoy him, I swear the 2nd one grew up faster then the 1st!

Kim said...

ahhhh! i want to hold him and kiss him so bad;) He's adorable! love you and so glad things went well. we need to make a trip to see him..and you too:)

Amanda said...

he is sooo sweet! I can totally see Kaden in him:) I cant wait to see him in person...congrats!!!! I cant believe you have 2 kids either!

derek and michelle said...

CONGRATS!!!!!! he is adorable. You go girl, Im glad you were able to get the epidural.

schwang-schwanthony! said...

Hey lindsey Congrats on the new baby, This is Kailey (Mitton) Lock-Smith, do you remember me. I was just surfing chelsea's blog and saw your post. I think our babies were born right around the same time.My second kid Ian just came on the 12th and the labor sounds just like mine was lol fast and painful. But thats awesome. You should add me to your blog id love to see posts.