Friday, August 14, 2009

Time for an Update...

Well.. where do I begin?? We made the move and we're in our new apartment. I guess we have been for over a week now. But, I really like our new place. It feels like a mansion compared to our apartment in Rexburg! It's awesome. Kaden actually has room to bring out all his toys and play without being smashed up against the walls or couches. If anyone saw our apartment in Rexburg, you know what I mean. So, it's a great change. Here's what we've been up to..

Brady-Working alot!! And also so very excited that we have a garage at our apartment so he can work on manly things in there.

Me-Home with Kaden and trying to find things to do during the day. We were on such a good routine in Rexburg, so we're trying to find one here.

Kaden-Talking soo much and saying the funniest things. The other day in the car I gave him a piece of gum.. a minute later he said,
"More gum" and I said, "where did your gum go that was in your mouth?" (usually he eats it, so I give him little pieces) Kaden was holding some plastic horses and looked at the horse and said, "Horsie ate it." I couldn't believe it! The story-telling is already starting! The other day he had a little, tiny scratch on his foot and he said, "owie" So I asked him what happened and he looked at it for a second then said, "Josh hit me." (Brady's brother) I laughed and said, "no, josh did not hit you!" then he said, "Danny hit me." (Another brother).. he continued to keep saying that because I was laughing so hard. So, even today if you ask him what happened to his foot he says that Danny hit him. Even though I know very well that neither Josh or Danny would hit him.. awww two year olds! He loves all boy things and some girl things (princesses). He is becoming very good at hitting his tee ball and kicking his soccer ball. I look forward to him playing when he gets older, I think he will be awesome. Kaden absolutely adores his Grandma & Grandpa Rasmussen and Walker. And "the boys" as he calls them, Brady's 5 brothers. It's so great being back and being so close to our families. My mom is gracious enough to want to take Kaden every Thursday morning for a few hours so I can get some things done. Kaden loves his Grandma Brenda and pretty much wants to live at her house! So he enjoys that time just as much as I do.

We're looking forward for football season to start.. with two of Brady's brothers playing it keeps us busy on the weekends, but since they're so awesome it's fun to watch them play. We're so glad that we're back so we can go to all the games.

We went swimming with Amanda & Hanna
last week.. Kaden loved these goggles on
his head but not over his eyes..



We went down to Utah last weekend with
Brady's family to Seven Peaks and went swimming.

Kaden & his daddy.. check out those muscles!
hot.. ;)

Me & Kaden on the carousel in Hogle Zoo.

Kaden & Uncle Joey

Kaden & Uncle Josh
It was a really fun trip. We also went to the IMAX at the Gateway and saw a 3D movie of fish and ocean animals. It was really neat and Kaden loved it. He actually kept the glasses on the whole time.

Also, I am wanting to start potty-training Kaden next week.. any suggestions??? I need some tips because I have no idea what I am doing! Thanks...

We had Walker cousin pictures taken a couple weeks ago.. here's a good pic. of all the cousins! I have the cutest nieces and nephews and son and parents!! But, Kaden hadn't slept well the night before and so he looked tired and not so happy.. but he's still so cute!

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Walker said...

Great update Linds! It's always fun to see your cute family and see what you have been up to. It's sooooo good to have you all back!!

Stacey said...

Oh, your little Kaden kills me. He is such a funny boy! I agree with your mom, I'm glad to have you back. Lets get together again soon!

Kim said...

I've been wanting to call and get an update, but i guess this will do..since i'm not so good at picking up the phone. I laughed so hard when you told the gum story, that is sooo him. he's a crackup. love that kid!

derek and michelle said...

Looks like fun. glad your all settled